Prince Hall Lodge No. 14 was chartered July 19, 1894 as Prince Hall Lodge No. 13. The first three principle officers were Worshipful Master Jerome Johnson, Senior Warden Joseph A. McDuffie, and Junior Warden J. Frank Boston.
On January 7, 1897, permission was requested from the Most Worshipful Grand Lodge to vacate No. 13, and substitute No. 14 in the original charter. Permission was granted and a rider to the charter was issued and signed by Most Worshipful Grand Master Hamilton Smith.
The Lodge has three members who have been elected to the elite position of Most Worshipful Grand Master. Most Worshipful Grand Master Robert H. Terrell 1897, Worshipful Grand Master William A. Warfield 1909 and Worshipful Grand Master Emory M. Levant 1995 and 1996.
The Lodge grew and enjoyed a period of great prosperity. During the depression and war years, it was held together by a few staunch and determined Past Masters. After World War II, young men were accepted and once again the Lodge exhibited that teaming enthusiasm of earlier years. Today, this Lodge is still recognized as one of the finest Lodges in this Jurisdiction.