Warranted and Chartered: June 17, 1950
Meeting Date and Time:
3rd Saturday of each Month at 7:30 pm
In December 1949, 39 men having been raised in a Lodge other than Prince Hall Affiliation, were advised by Brother Leon Richardson, Worshipful Master of Arlington Lodge No. 58, Free and Accepted Masons, Prince Hall Affiliation in Arlington, Virginia, to petition the Most Worshipful Prince Hall Grand Lodge of the District of Columbia for proper affiliation. They so petitioned, and on December 24, 1949, the Grand Lodge Investigation Committee reported favorably and recommended these 39 men become members of their ancient and honorable fraternity.
Upon this recommendation, the late Most Worshipful Grand Master Cyrus N. Parker convened a special communication of the Grand Lodge on February 25, 1950, for the purpose of obligating those so recommended for the 1st and 2nd Degrees of Freemasonry. On March 25, 1950 these 39 Brothers were raised to the Sublime Degree of Master Mason.
On April 17, 1950, at an occasional communication of the Grand Lodge called by Most Worshipful Grand Master Parker, these newly raised Brothers were permitted to form a permanent Lodge under the supervision and instruction of the following Grand Lodge Committee: Lawrence Hawkins, Right Worshipful Deputy Grand Master; Frederick Burgee, Right Worshipful Standard Bearer; and William W. Barnes, Right Worshipful JW Grand Steward.
This Lodge was to be known throughout the Masonic World as Fellowship Lodge No. 26, Free and Accepted Masons, Prince Hall Affiliation, with the following charter officers:
At the Regular Communication of the Lodge in December 1950, WM Commodore and his Corps of Officers were voted to succeed themselves for the following year.
Thus was begun the exemplification of that mark of high accord to which each succeeding Master has spent his labor, one of whom in 1985, rose to the highest rank and title of Most Worshipful Grand Master of the District of Columbia, MWPGM Charles F. Bates.
In commemoration of the Lodge's 50th Anniversary, a citation declaring the period from April 17, 1950 through April 15, 2000 as the "Smallwood Era" was approved during the Lodge's April 15, 2000 Regular Stated Communication in recognition of his distinguished leadership.
Fellowship Lodge No. 26 continues to thrive as a ritualistically solid Lodge espousing the tenets of Freemasonry: